A group of 21 men and women met on August 29, 1897 to organize the
"East Cleburne Baptist Church", what would later become Henderson Street
Baptist Church. The meeting was held under three wagon sheets located
on the south side of East Henderson Street, across from the present building.
The organization was formed following a revival meeting held in east Cleburne
under the direction of First Baptist Church.
On October 9, 1907, the church was incorporated under the laws of the
State of Texas as the East Henderson Street Baptist Church.
The cornerstone was laid for the domed church building
on October 26, 1907 at 5:30 p.m.
This building became one of Cleburne's oldest and most famous landmarks.
The first service was held in the newly completed domed church building on April 5, 1910.
On April 10, 1955 at 3:00 p.m. the ground breaking ceremony was held to build a new auditorium.
The first worship service in the new auditorium was held Sunday, January 22, 1956.
On January 24, 1960 the groundbreaking ceremony for a new educational building was held.
The "Silver Domed Building" was torn down during the last half of 1960.